Mauritius Hash House
Hare(s): Charlie "Scrungbucket" Scrimgeour & Keith "Curlie Top" Lane
Venue: Botanical Gardens, Curepipe
1. Sandra Butland
2. Chris and Jill Hutchings (Sandra's parents visiting from Cape Town). They will return.
Swati and Rajesh Bakshi
None this week
Hares Front and Centre: Vote of thanks to the Hares for a great Hash. Had all the ingredients for a typical Hash; mud in abundance, slippery terrain, lots of wet material, enough hills to reduce some of us to heavy breathers not to mention all the prickly stuff.
Sadly though the hares failed to provide a beer stop! Bob came to the Hares' defence, by reminding the RA that beers had been stolen on a previous Hash. So a verdict of 9/10 was awarded.
RA's Down's Down's:
* Bob and Jackie - For venturing 'Down Under'
* Clive and Arlene + Alan just for the sake of it.
* Swati and Rajesh - for being a perfect couple.
* Pieter, our Ice Maiden - for disrespecting the Hash by stealing 2 carrots from a poor farmer!
* Rey - for hiding his 'big toy' in the car.
* Etienne - (a) for wearing new shoes and daring to boast about it. He even went further and launched an advertising campaign for the shop he purchased the shoes from. (b) for ignoring the Hash trail and taking a short cut to the crater being trailed by some lady Hashers. He justified his attitude by saying: "oh! But they followed me!" How pompous can a Belgian get!
* Charlie - for being sneaky and pointing directions with his elbow!
* Chris - for having run 1100 runs on the Cape Town Hash
* No ceremony! The Award was absent yet again - probably emigrated to the Philippines!!
Smelly Blue T Shirt:
Charlotte awarded the above to Ice Maiden (a.) for saying: "a little bit of flour" when one should call On On! and (b.) for poor improvement on the design of the Smelly Blue T Shirt.
A big thank You to Geeta and Tom for a delicious Hash Food.
16th June: Etienne/Mireille
30th June: Keith "Curly Top" Lane & Kevin Quick; Venue: Palma near Flic en Flaq
16 June: Vidya
Hash location :
Bois Clair Dam
How to get there :
From the M1 motorway : take the Quartier Militaire road, either A7 from Moka or B7 from Curepipe,
then past Quartier Militaire the B27 road towards Bel Air.
Drive past the village of Melrose (the agglomeration, not the Melrose signboard, well ahead of the village itself) and look for a garage ("Garage SSS") in the middle of sugar fields along the road.
At the crossroad just there turn to the right, following the first hash sign. It is also just before and along an overhead high tension line, even easier to spot.
From the crossroad follow the hash signs, there will be 4 km of tarred road and 1 km wandering in the sugar fields. Park as directed, and walk down some steps to our home of the day.
Allow 23 km/25 minutes from the motorway.
For those coming from the East, take the Bel Air-Quartier Militaire B27 road, you will have to turn left at the same landmarks, after the Montagne Blanche village.
Bush hash in a virgin land unknown to many people, a less adventurous trail is organised for the whimps Recommended:
Good shoes, long pants for ladies, mosquito repellent, fishing rods for the kids who would like to try a catch in the small reservoir, small kids to be attended at all times due to the flowing waterways around.
Webmaster's suggestion: Print these instructions and bring with you !
|Supreme Beings:||Dave "Shorty" Colbert & Geeta "Tinkerbel" Gopal|
|Trailmasters:||Charlie "Scrungebucket" Scrimgeour & Alan "Strong on" Grihault|
|Cellarmaster:||John "Big John" Maddock|
|Hash Horn:||Robert "Blob" Latimer|
|Religious Adv/Sex Councillor:||Eric "Hot-dog" Maard; deputy David "Shorty" Colbert|
|Barbecue Bearer:||Dave "Shorty" Colbert|
|Ice Maiden:||Pieter "Long Zip" Attig|
|Ha$h Ca$h:||Tom & Geeta "Tinkerbel"|
|Drinks for Wimps 'n Kids:||Bob & Jackie "J & B" Russell|
|Hash Market:||Juliette "Snow White" Colbert|
|Edit Hare:||Sara "Coffee mate" Grihault|