HASH TRASH Vol 11, #307, 12 March 2000
Welcome to Patrick Anderson who was finally persuaded by Supreme Cupid to come along after four years on the Island and visiting from England for three months, Barbara and Ramjeet Dojogeer. See you all at the next one.
Great to see Sexy Shorts, who takes the lot down his throat from the pisspot and Jailbird and Legs Eleven why bypassed the drinking stage and just poured it over her head, and Tea Towel.
Smelly Blue T-Shirt
The now evil smelling Smelly Blue went to Sexy Shorts for being the only 'Russell' around when the rain started (it's yours next time Mr Worthy!).
Religious Advisor/Sex Councillor
Kept up the Jimmie tradition with some fine anti-British humour!
Many thanks for the great food.
#308, 26 March, 1000 hrs
Hares: Leslie and Anand
Directions: Hash will be at 'La Cambuse', south of Blue Bay on the coast.
Take Motorway to the Airport (at Plaisance). Go through the 'Airport Archway' which spans the entrance road to the Airport. At the round-a-bout before actually entering the airport, take the last exit signed to 'le Chaland'. Follow the signs to the Shandrani Hotel. Continue following, for several kilometres, all the signs to the Shandrani - through old airport runways and countryside roads. Immediately before the Shandrani Hotel you will see on your right hand side a sign MT.MD.SE., Lacambuse Private Road. Follow this road, through woods, until you reach the coast. Turn right at the coast and drive to the end of the track - you are there! Please note, to keep everyone feeling confident, Hash Signs will also be posted. On. On.
#309, 09 April - Volunteers needed
#310, 23 April - Volunteers needed
26 March - Marie Claude and Alexandra
09 April - Volunteers needed
MAD HASH 2000
Still some places left so contact Sylvie 4243639 (home) or 2081806 (work). Some advice for Hashers doing the Mad Hash 2000.
1. Please make sure you have a valid travel document and/or passport.
2. Bookings are being made via Concorde Tourist Guide Agency Ltd, Chausse Street, Port Louis and the contact person is Raj.
3. Please pay your booking at Concorde or send a crossed cheque to Concorde, to the attention of Raj mentioning the Madagascar trip as well as the name of the passengers - otherwise they will not know who has paid.
4. Paludrine, Chloroquine and Fansidar tablets should be taken one week before leaving Mauritius, during your stay in Madagascar and three to four weeks after your return to Mauritius. Cost per person Rs290.
5. A visa is to be delivered to each traveller and is about Rs600. Concorde Travel will arrange it.
6. It is advisable to take French Francs instead of another foreign currency. Please ask your Banker for small change ie FRF50, FRF100.
7. Do not drink tap water in Madagascar, bottled water only.
8. Do not take valuable belongings with you.
9. Guard your camera.
10. More information will follow.
Dagmar and Detlev have some things for sale due to their departure from the Island at the end of the month (sob, sob). Please phone 4539242.
1. Mobile telephone, standard Motorola, Rs1000 o.n.o.
2. UPS Backup, Ares 425VA Offline, Rs2000 o.n.o.
3. Monitor, TVM AS4Dp 14", Rs2000 o.n.o.
Hashers on the Internet
We had some visiting Hashers from Armenia at run #306 - Bruce (Toby Tortoise) Woolman and Elin (Bugs Bunny) Schilling. Toby Tortoise has put together a web picture gallery of this Run and many of you feature in it so go take at look! You will find it at http://members.aol.com/maurhash
Note: DO NOT INSERT A WWW IN THIS URL: USE EXACTLY AS IS.
Madrid Hash 1000 Run, September 2000
Edit Hare has information on this great weekend of Hashing in Madrid - 8, 9, 10 September. Please contact me if you want the details.
From the Sans Clue Hash Trash (Paris) -
An English professor wrote the words "a woman without her man is nothing" on the blackboard and directed the students to punctuate it correctly.
The men wrote: "A woman, without her man, is nothing."
The women wrote: "A woman: without her, man is nothing."
Punctuation is everything.
Bob Latimer (6963815) & Kevin Murray (7210576)
Trailmaster: Lord Russell
Cellarmaster: Julie & John
Hash Horn: Tony 'Barnical Bill' Ward
Religious Adv/Sex Councillor: Leslie Nimno
Barbecue Bearer: David ‘Shortie’ Colbert
Ice Maiden: Dagmar Neubacher
Ha$h Ca$h: David ‘Shortie’ Colbert
Drinks for Wimps and Kids: Julie & John
Web Meister: Alan Oliphant
Edit-Hare: Wendy Austin (6257399)